Thursday 14 November 2013

Easiest ever cheats Get Well Soon Pasta

This week I've had the rottenest ever flu, complete with a lovely little chest infection. So I've been quiet on social media, written barely a word, but one thing I can't neglect is these little people in my house who constantly expect to be fed. Like every night they expect a meal, really every single night.

Greedy little creatures. Unfortunately for them, mummy's culinary skills have gone into hiding along with most of my other functions. People always say "Oh you should make soup when you're sick", but thanks, apart from the fact I'm not tracking down a chicken carcass when I'm hacking up a lung, I've also got no intention of chopping till my hands blister, and I'm nowhere near organised enough to wait for a dried soup mix to be cooked enough to not break my kids teeth.

But there is a reason people suggest the soup thing. It's easy to digest, nutritious, keeps the fluids up, apparently there's even medicinal benefits. This is where I'm glad I'm Italian. There is this clever recipe my grandfather used to make (I'm not going to even try and get the name right) when we were sick, that's so super easy even I can make it when I'm sick.

It all goes into one pot, there's next to no chopping, it's delicious, and is actually REALLY medicinal. It's not technically soup but it's pretty close. This isn't the kind of thing you have to measure out.

Get Well Soon Pasta

Ingredients (Serves 4-6)
  •          1 packet of Spaghetti
  •          1 whole tomato per person
  •          Fresh Garlic
  •          Butter
  •          Parsley
  •          Salt


Method
Add the packet of Spaghetti to a generous pot of well salted boiling water. Add the tomatoes to the pot and cook according to the manufactures cooking time. When Spaghetti is cooked remove from heat. Scoop Spaghetti with tongs (you want to keep plenty of water) into a large bowl. Place a cooked tomato on top. Top with 1/2 to a whole clove of fresh crushed garlic, a large knob of butter and a sprinkle of parsley.


This is an old family favorite. The delicate tomato, and the buttery goodness is just yum, and it does make you feel better.  The fresh garlic has fantastic medicinal benefits especially for colds and flu's.   

If you enjoy this blog why not follow with Google, Networked Blogs (Facebook) or by email, so you never miss a post!
I have started a mailing list for those who missed it. You can sign-up here and it’s also in the Sidebar.


Comments
I love your comments, which is why I don't use validation. So it's easy. :) 
Want to connect on 
Twitter and  Facebook ?

No comments:

Post a Comment